February 17, 2013

Valentine Heartbreak

This post isn't as morbid as the title suggests. It just..came up.


I was gonna enter a twitter contest, and usually you'd just need to follow the merchant and answer whatever is required, and include the merchant's hashtag. And I wanted to enter the contest because I wanted free movie tickets hahaha <cheapo. But then one of the requirements was to mention the sweetest valentine gift you've ever received.

I honestly thought HARD about it. Lol. Damn sian, don't think I've gotten any sibeh sweet de gift. SUAN LE I BUY MY OWN TICKETS. Lolol.

So I've been inspired to blog but I don't know what about exactly. This isn't some post to niam about how miserable I've been every valentine's day. Lol no indeed, not.

The only memorable thing about valentine's day was probably back in secondary school where everyone bought/handmade stuff for everybody. It also wasn't awkward because I was in an all-girls school, and in fact the gifts were pretty competitive lol.

And then we grew up and..yup. No great memories about valentine's day, sorry. I did a cross stitch for one of the bfs and gotten a "huh where am I gonna put this?", and gave a couple keychain to another and he said "can I have a pair instead, in case uhm." <he meant in case we broke up lol. Bugger two-timed me and I didn't know.

^These are only some which I remembered, and it hurt at the point of time. But I guess these are part of what made me cold today. Or maybe lazy. Lol I don't bother with gifts anymore. Because of facebook, I realized that there ARE guys out there who plan surprises and handmake stuff for girls. And because of facebook, I realized I have been wasting my time with the wrong people fml.

I've started watching Korean dramas again, and I stopped a while ago because most are sappy love stories, one will get some terminal disease and whatever, you get the gist. This drama I'm currently watching, interesting strong-willed couple. Prolly will be together forever and forever but they're not the 死来活去 (is the term correct??) kind lol. And then I thought, this is the type of relationship I want. Of course if I get a guy like that I'd die a happy human, or wouldn't want to die, depending on your point of view. Lol.

This was the part I bawled my eyes out.

I'm not done with the drama yet, and I feel so much for the couple. My heart breaks for fictional characters, but I haven't shed a single tear for my own r/s. What have I become? Perhaps I've cried enough throughout the r/s that I've nothing left when I decided I wanted out. Food for thought.

On valentine's day this 25yo guy texted me and said he couldn't stop texting me even though he promised to leave me alone. Said he's hoping we could be friends..with benefits. Prior to that he said my future bf will be very lucky because I know what I want and not into games. Now he's saying that he wants a girl like me but hey, just for fun.

What has the world become? It's like, hey Calista, you're not good enough to be my gf, but good enough for a fuck. But hey I don't want loose women. I'm sorry that you think I am cheap and desperate, life must be horrible for you that you have to insult a girl this way. Thanks.

In other news, I received a valentine's day gift from my bestie. Lol. It's really, really appreciated. It just doesn't count because man, I gotta stop receiving gifts from girls. What does that say about me?? LOL.

Hope y'all had a great v-day though. It's really about the heart. A gift is just a thing if you don't put any thought into it.

No comments: