April 7, 2013

MOF Drama

Hello! Today I will be blogging with illustrations for the first time. I've missed drawing quite a bit and started doodling a bunch of stuff that happened today.

So I woke up way earlier than usual for a Saturday. I honestly wanted to be up at 7am to exercise, but.


My appointment was at 10am and I was considered lucky (no MRT breakdown thank goodness) to have reached Tong Building at 10:10am. In case you didn't know, the infamous "Rolex building" in Orchard Road is called Tong Building.


I'm not elaborating on my visit in this post but basically I left the building having silky hair!


And before I could revel in the glory of my mane (ha-ha), I stepped out of the building in shock.


Reality check x 3 - I was supposed to meet Kexin at 1:35pm, and it was raining bloody heavily at Orchard Road. A few things flashed through my head all at once.
  • Stranded in the one isolated building in Orchard that is NOT connected to any shelters leading to the MRT station. 
  • I'm gonna drown in Orchard and nobody is gonna know.
  • WTF MY HAIRRRRRRRRR.
Anyway. I had an umbrella but it was really useless considering how heavy the rain was. So I calculated, if I folded my jeans up and carried my bag in front, and walked briskly to the nearest building next door, I *might* be able to make it without drowning.

Turned out I was earlier than Kexin lor please. She was held up by the rain on her side too hahahaha.

We met at AMK and even though I didn't die from drowning, I was about to collapse from hunger. Long story short, I suggested Coffee Bean and the place was under renovation. Then I suggested Pepper Lunch, AND THE PLACE WAS UNDER RENOVATION AS WELL. -_- Recently I had gone to Popular at CWP only to find that IT WAS UNDER RENOVATION. I don't even.


In the end we went to MOF. And Kexin had this really bad experience when we were there last. She had ordered a cold (I always say cold I don't know why) iced macha latte and apparently the cup was filled 3/4 with ice and she finished the latte in less than 5 sips!


After we were seated (no queue lor WHY) and ordered our food, everything else was served except Kexin's HOT macha latte (hot so she won't get cheated again!) so we checked the food list and turned out that the latte wasn't included! So we called one of the servers and asked for a hot macha latte, again.


And then we realized that Brandon's sashimi set had not arrived either. Seriously, raw leh need to take so long meh?! And by then the hot macha latte still had not arrived!


We caught hold of another server (ironically we were seated damn near the counter) and told her to check on the sashimi set and if the previous girl put in our order for the latte.


HAHAHAHAHAHA sorry the above didn't happen la!! I just -had- to draw this. It's really too funny hahahaha sorry Ah Chan! xD


Okay so when the sashimi finally arrived, Brandon commented on the prawns. One thing led to another and I showed them this sushi doodle I posted on instagram yesterday.


By popular (LOL) demand, they asked me to do a part 2 with the prawn. I really didn't know how to draw sashimi cute (and I didn't even take a good look at what they ordered!) so this is my interpretation of what they ordered.


And this is the actual photo.

Credits to Ah Chan for taking the photo and Brandon's pinky. I don't know who kiaped the shrimp lol.

I don't know if Kexin will post it up to their FB page but..MOF used to be so much better. In other news, Brandon's ocha was FOC because I have the member card (don't ask) which will expire in May 2013 yay.

Alright so. This is it. Hope you enjoy my feeble attempt at drawing. :D

I drew this yesterday as well, and they're supposed to be hamstersss. Kexin said I'm tryna plagiarize Pusheen. Boo.

No comments: